On Sunday, a horrific fire broke out at the New Standard Hotel in Mpape, Abuja, destroying priceless property worth millions of dollars.

One Mummy, Ifeanyi, who claimed to have witnessed the fire incident, informed journalists that the fire broke out in the early hours of the morning after a loud explosion came from the club area.

According to Daily Trust, a resident living nearby, Papa Abdul, speculated that the explosion might have been caused by a malfunctioning freezer compressor. Interestingly, the sound did not originate from the room where the freezer was located, but rather from the club itself.

“We can’t leave this place like this. Leaving it unattended would result in further losses. We must manage this situation and ensure the well-being of our guests and the future of our business,” the owner of the hotel reportedly says.



StatePress is an online newspaper with wide and extensive coverage of socio political events in the Nigerian States, African Continent and beyond.  We break the news, focus on issues without bias and maintain highest level of professionalism in discharging our social responsibility.

Post A Comment: