The Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Yaba, has launched a probe into the mysterious deaths of two Nollywood production crew members discovered inside a parked vehicle at a filming location in Lekki Phase 1.
The deceased were identified as Godstime Imeh, a lighting director and CEO of GeeTee Light, and Walter Odediran, a creative video director popularly known as Director Carrinqton.
Their lifeless bodies were found on the evening of Saturday, February 7, 2026, inside Imeh’s tinted Nissan vehicle. The movie project was reportedly directed by former Big Brother Naija housemate Boma.
According to sources, the duo had arrived early at the location to set up lighting equipment. After completing their work around mid-morning, they reportedly rested inside the vehicle while awaiting further instructions. Around 11 a.m., a crew member delivered breakfast—yam and omelette—to them.
They were last seen reclining in the car with the air-conditioning running. Concern grew when repeated phone calls went unanswered by noon. It was not until later that evening, after filming had concluded, that colleagues found them unresponsive inside the vehicle.
Kola Odediran, elder brother of Walter, described the tragic loss as devastating. He said both men had planned to shoot a medical scene at Evercare Hospital earlier that day before taking a break in the car.
“Food was delivered to them; that was the last time anyone saw them alive,” he said. “When they were discovered around 7 or 8 p.m., my brother was seated upright with foam in his mouth, while GeeTee was slumped, bleeding from his nose, eyes, and mouth. It appeared whatever happened occurred suddenly.”
He also expressed dissatisfaction with the initial handling of the case at Maroko Police Station, noting that it was later escalated to SCID, Yaba, where it was officially documented as an unnatural death requiring investigation and autopsy.
Police have confirmed that the producer, Boma, the food vendor, the staff member who delivered the meal, and hospital management have all been questioned. The food vendor remains in custody.
Investigators are exploring multiple possibilities, including environmental exposure, food-related causes, or mechanical issues such as generator fumes, particularly as heavy-duty industrial generators were reportedly positioned above the parking area.
Authorities say forensic examinations including autopsy, toxicology analysis, vehicle inspection, and CCTV revieware ongoing, with all possibilities still under consideration pending laboratory results.
The incident has left the families of the deceased in deep mourning. “It has been very difficult for our family. My mother is devastated. He was the last-born. We were just two male children. This has been extremely painful for us,” Kola Odediran added.



Post A Comment: