The Lagos State Police Command has taken into custody officers allegedly linked to a shooting incident that resulted in the death of two passersby in the Alagbado area of the state.

Sources indicated that the officers were chasing suspected criminals in the neighbourhood when firearms were reportedly discharged accidentally during the operation.

The development sparked concern among residents, leading to swift action by authorities aimed at easing tensions and safeguarding public order.

Confirming the officers’ arrest in a post on her X handle, the command’s spokesperson, SP Abimbola Adebisi, said the action was taken on Friday.

“The officers implicated in the unfortunate incident had been taken into custody pending further investigation, ” she said.

Adebisi added that the Commissioner of Police, Mr Olohundare Jimoh, had directed a detailed and far-reaching investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the shooting.

She also disclosed that more security personnel had been deployed to the community to prevent any breakdown of law and order.

According to the police image maker, calm has returned to the area.
She assured residents that justice would take its course and that the findings of the investigation would be made public at the appropriate time.

Axact

STATE PRESS

StatePress is an online newspaper with wide and extensive coverage of socio political events in the Nigerian States, African Continent and beyond.  We break the news, focus on issues without bias and maintain highest level of professionalism in discharging our social responsibility.

Post A Comment: